Monday, October 18, 2021

Dear Future Nicole

 

Dear future Nicole, I hope you are doing well and living your best life. I am writing to you 20 years in the

future from now. By now, you would be 38 years old. Hopefully you made it through

college and if not I hope you are working a job or two that you really enjoy and making

money to travel. I wonder if you made it through college and went on to vet school to

become a successful veterinarian like you always dreamt of as a child or if you chose a

different path along the way. Either way, you hopefully have gotten to travel to new cities,

states, countries, and many new places. Maybe taken a few road trips and flights to go out

and explore. Some places you always wanted to visit were Greece, Aruba, Bali, Italy, and

many more. So, I hope those are all crossed off your bucket list of places to travel to!

I wonder if you actually found someone you are interested in and have a possible family.

You could be married and have one or two kids along with one to three dogs like you

wanted. Maybe you have a beautiful home located near a beach like you always dreamt

of having. I hope you continued to take photos of all the places you’ve gone to and seen

and continued your small hobby of videography of all your trips to be able to look back

on. Those were always my favorite! If being a veterinarian didn’t work out, then what

path did you go down. What career did you go into and do you enjoy it or them? I hope

you are living your best life like you always wanted and are getting to explore so many new parts of the world. Traveling has always been your main goal and priority in life,

so I hope that is what you have been able to accomplish in the last 20 years. 



My calligram is in the shape of a plane. My letter to my future self reflected how I hopefully got to travel the world within the next 20 years of my life. My future plans are to get a job or two and work a ton to save up as much money as possible to be able to buy myself an apartment or house, a new car, and be able to go out and explore. I want to experience everything the world has to offer and not be stuck in one place my whole life. I want to travel and experience all of this while I am still young. So, in my future letter I cover my hopes of achieving all those goals and dreams the past 20 years. I was debating choosing between a van and/or a plane as my image. I went with a plane because I have plans of possibly becoming a flight attendant to pursue my dreams of traveling. 


I used the curve tool a lot for a few different parts of the plane in the image. The curve tool is one of my favorite tools because it helps make the image not look so boxy and rectangular. Adding curves gives the image more depth and character. A lot of the curves were incorporated in the clouds surrounding the plane also. 




1 comment:

  1. when looking at this post on your blog, the letter to yourself goes on a long way across the screen, I think there's some sort of formatting/coding error there

    ReplyDelete